If you have a big butt, and want to get more from your wonderful bike, then I would suggest that you consider getting one of the bike seats for big bottoms.
Let’s appreciate that we, plus-size riders feel great about ourselves. But again, I and you know that we sometimes face some little teething challenges as a result of our extra-large bodies.
And that’s the case when it comes to our bikes.
Often times, your bike will come with a saddle that’s lacking in many ways. Narrow, hard, and unsupportive to a big bottom.
And so you start hating riding, despite being passionate about it, because of the discomfort.
The way out?
Install the most comfortable bike seat for overweight possible.
What Are Bike Seats For Large Bottoms And Why Should You Get One?
Bike seats for big bottoms are saddles with a larger surface area, intensified padding, and additional support.
This special design helps relieve strained contact points and makes them perfect for oversized riders.
Certain models even come with a complete anatomic channel and help to maximize circulation through the sensitive butt muscles reducing numbness and discomfort.
What Type Of Bike Saddle Should I Select For My Big Bottom?
1. Bikeroo Oversized Comfort Bike Seat
This is by far one of the most comfortable bike saddle in the market today and it’s pretty clear that it’s been made for people with big butts…
First, it measures 10.2 x 7 x 10.2-inches, which is a far cry from the squeezed, standard bike seats that dot the space, and should fit every big butt.
Similarly, its dual spring suspensions are as well big and heavily built and make you forget all about bumps because of the superior handling.
Additionally, this bicycle seat for overweight people also comes with a thick padding and is ranked as among the most comfortable wide bike seats.
- Ergonomic design
- Dual spring suspension
- Accessories: waterproof seat cover, universal bike seat adapter, and mounting tools
- Standard rails mounting system
- Soft padding
- 10.2 x 7 x 10.2-inches
- The saddle is well padded, firm but yet soft and feels very good on the butt.
- It comes with dual spring suspensions and absorbs pressure excellently when maneuvering bumps.
- It’s a good looking bike seat.
- It’s quite spacious and will fit a bigger behind comfortably.
- The bike saddle comes with a waterproof cover.
- The accompanying mounting tools are a bit weak
2. INBIKE Most Comfortable Bicycle Seat – Breathable Big Bike Seat for Men and Women.
It may already be a household name but the Inbike brand is taking their game even higher with this bicycle seat.
Measuring 10.6″x7.9″x2.36″ and foam padded, this impressive saddle has a lot of followers among the overweight biking community not least because of its breathable leather.
The microfiber artificial leather surface is also wear resistant, super smooth, and anti-scratch so you are sure of lengthy service.
It has captured the hearts of even elite oversized bikers thanks to its inner high density foam coupled with the dual springs, a combination which provides a superior buffer and a better shockproof performance under weight.
It’s recommended for big men’s cruiser bikes
- Microfiber artificial leather Surface
- Inner high-density perforating foam.
- Middle groove
- Front sides narrowed design
- Universal fit
- The bike saddle is breathable so fantastic even in hot weather.
- This is one of the more durable bike saddles.
- The padding creates a superior buffer and is superb in handling uneven terrain.
- It flexes bringing you greater comfort.
- It’s has a universal design and can thus be installed on various standard seat posts.
- The stitching is not very well done.
3. Bikeroo Extra Wide and Padded Bicycle Saddle for Men and Women
A strong, dogged big butt bike seat, this is another wider and comfortable saddle from Bikeroo and should help you cycle your way to shape in comfort.
Because of this construction, the saddle is predominantly wonderful for prostate and your tailbone relief.
The saddle goes even further and adapts to your anatomy to enable you to ride longer while remaining relaxed.
There is even talk that this Bikeroo bike seat has one of best shock absorbers around making it an intriguing choice even for obese seniors who love bicycling.
It’s 10.5 x 10.5 x 7 inches and this wide surface plus a similarly ideal level of foam cushioning, help distribute your weight over the entire saddle, relieves pressure on your bottoms and ensures the smoothest ride.
- Dual spring suspensions
- Super thick & soft foam padding
- 10.5 x 10.5 x 7 inches
- Universal seat adapter
- Waterproof cover
- Relieves pressure on your perineum and the prostate.
- It’s so easy to install even without prior experience.
- The waterproof cover helps to maintain your saddle dry in wet weather.
- It fits in most standard bicycles.
- This saddle is amazingly comfortable
- It sometimes makes squeaking noises.
4. Tonbux Most Comfortable Wide Bike Seat
A blissful bike seat, this has emerged as one of the leading options for larger bottoms.
The ergonomically designed bicycle seat comes with an airflow vent and allows good ventilation under hot weather.
The 10.1 x 8 x 4.8 inches saddle is quite sturdy thanks to its carbon-steel metal frame while the microfiber artificial leather feels plush and soothing on your behinds.
Its thickened pad in the rear increases shock absorbing, cushioning, and delivers much superior comfort on pavement.
On the same note, if you like riding off road, then built-in dual shock-absorbing ball provides good elasticity, larger endurance, toughness, flexibility, and helps you remain cool on rough terrain
- Carbon-steel metal frame
- Microfiber artificial leather surface
- Ergonomic design
- Thickened pad (in rear)
- 10.1 x 8 x 4.8 inches
- Dual shock absorbing ball
- Universal fitment
- It’s so comfortable you can ride the whole day and feel nothing.
- It’s one of the saddles build to help you remain comfortable off-road.
- It fits on practically every other bicycle.
- It’s super easy to install.
- It made of a good looking breathable Leather surface.
- The bolts will occasionally need tightening to remain stable.
- Reflective tape may come out easily
5. Serfas RX-921L Road/MTB Comfort RX Saddle
This Serfas’ RX saddle has a full-length anatomical groove running down the middle and a raised seat position.
This extraordinary outline helps eliminate pressure and reduces numbness around the soft tissue.
It also sends weight around the sit bones meaning you can cycle for more miles without sacrificing comfort.
Still on comfort, the Gel infused foam reduces saddle friction and chaffing again making trips pure bliss.
The saddle’s innovation doesn’t end there:
- 13 x 10 x 3 inches
- Infinite comfort system
- Deep groove designs
- Dual density base
- Lycra/waterproof microfiber cover
- Gel infused foam
- This saddle is awesome in absorbing pressure wherever you ride.
- It removes pressure from the contact points while maintaining its nose for enhanced riding stability.
- The complete anatomical channel construction boosts circulation reducing numbness and discomfort.
- The paddle installs easily.
- It lets your bottoms breath.
- It’s not as attractive as the Bikeroo oversized comfort bike seat.
A bit expensive
This Is How To Choose The Best Bike Seats For Big Bottoms
Unlike in the past, the market is overflowing with seats for bikes for big guys. Any wide saddle bike seat worthy of its name must however meet some minimum requirements:
The idea is to get more comfort. The best extra large bicycle seat should have extra, softer padding to upgrade your experience.
But you have to be cautious here as a bike seat with excessively soft, thicker padding may make you uncomfortable by elevating the pressure between the sit bones.
Gel cushioning is very plush for comfort riders while road racers find foam padding more supportive.
- Saddle Width
The extra wide design is another of the most important considerations when choosing the best big butt bike seat.
The weight of your body is usually distributed over the larger contoured area helping to eliminate numbness and discomfort which are the norm with typical bicycle seats.
You extra wide bicycle seat should not stress you to install.
Go for a super wide bike seat that you can fix using a simple wrench or any other basic tool.
In any case, bike saddle for fat guys are designed for easier and quick removal/replacement.
- Plastic or Leather
There are two dominant types of saddle constructions: plastic or leather.
Leather saddles stretch and flex, without needing foam padding and “break in” easily to fit your specific shape. Heat and perspiration also “breathe” through porous leather, improving comfort in hot and punishing sun.
It’s however heavier than plastic and may be damaged by rain.
Conversely, plastic bases flex under your weight, are often thinner to enhance their shock-absorbing properties and lighter. However, they do not usually breathe while some are slippery.
A height –adjusting saddle is awesome. If you have your saddle too low, your knees will be excessively bent as you pedal making cycling tiring.
A too high saddle will rock your hips as you pedal, and you’ll increasingly feel an urge to stretch the legs to reach your pedals causing discomfort.
Also, check the angle and setback.
The best is to select a properly-shaped and adjustable big butt bicycle seat.
- Grooves or cut-outs
Some wide bicycle saddle shells come with a groove (in the center) while others have a hole cut-out.
The idea here is to remove that part of your saddle that usually triggers pressure on sensitive tissues causing pain and numbness.
Different manufacturers have different tastes and offer different shaped cutouts some going all the way to make a deep groove while other go for a slight recess.
What’s important is to get a saddle that sounds right to you.
Titanium rails provide additional flex, absorb more vibrations passing through your big bike’s frame and are more comfortable.
Cheaper saddles use heavier steel alloys and may not be as good in shock absorption as titanium or carbon rails.
Some manufacturers of bikes for fat people will add a couple of useful accessories. Common accompaniments may include a waterproof seat cover, mounting gear, universal bike seat adapters, and even informative biker-life eBooks.
Bike Seats For Big Bottoms: Useful Tips
- A higher quality large bike seat typically comes designed with rails, made from titanium, steel, or carbon fiber (quite expensive). But it will last for a long time, can handle lots of abuse, and super adjustable.
- A plastic wide bicycle seat with no covering is generally bad news for your body. Even if extremely big, it needs some padding to make it comfortable.
- A leather large bicycle seat can be great for long-distance riders. Besides, they’re very durable and usually outlast saddles made from cheap synthetic foam padding.
- Women looking for a wide bike seat should are favored by saddles that are a bit short but adequately wide to fit a female pelvis.
- Don’t read too much in the price. While some of the best models may look expensive, it may as well turn out to be a shrewd investment once you sample the riding comfort.
Bike seats for big bottoms have no comparison when we come to comfort and relaxation for people with big butts.
They eliminate pressure, reduce lingering numbness around the soft tissue and distribute the weight evenly around your sit bones.
You will ride further, have more fun, and get more from your bike just because of making the simple decision to invest in the most comfortable bicycle seat yet for a big person.
Is there a better way to treat yourself?.